The INTERREG IVC Programme is part of the European Territorial Cooperation Objective of the Structural Fund policies for the period 2007-2013. It aims, by means of interregional cooperation, to improve the effectiveness of regional development policies and contribute to economic modernisation and increased competitiveness of Europe, by:
- Enabling local and regional actors across the EU to exchange their experiences and knowledge;
- Matching regions less experienced in a certain policy field with more advanced regions;
- Ensuring the transfer of good practices into Structural Funds mainstream programmes.
The programme provides funding for all regions of Europe plus Switzerland and Norway (regional and local public authorities) to exchange and transfer knowledge and good practice. Two main priorities are targeted:
- Innovation and Knowledge economy
- Environment and Risk prevention
Applications for the 3rd call has closed, the 5th of March 2010.